Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Project Challenge Mudbox Armed and dangerous

This is another exciting project. The challenge was to create a scene or a 3d character that is modeled, sculpted and textured in Autodesk Mudbox. I made the base model in Autodesk Maya and completed the detail process in the sculpt software.  At that time- around 2012- Mudbox was my digital sculpt tool, but my professional work needed other programs like Zbrush. Since I did not have access to Zbrush at the time, this piece of art was made in Mudbox.


I composed the final image using a lot of  render passes exporting from Mudbox and mixed into After Effects and Photoshop. The other details like the smoke and the neon lights were made by hand in Photoshop as well. Now let me introduce to some character´s views and renders of the sculpt detail. 



This character was modeled and sculpted in a idle pose, because the final destination was a 2d illustration but. I hope some day this guy becomes alive in a motion scene.



I am using Zbrush and keyshot to render this character with another lighting set up and create a better result with the shaders for my presentation.




Finally the scene of the modeling and texturing of my character. I think that each character has to live into his own environment, because this tell us something more about him. 





No comments: